Applying to Stowe Ski & Snowboard School 2012/13
Please note – Our roster for Winter 2012-13 is currently full. We sometimes hire more instructors in January for the busy months of February and March. If you’d like to be considered for possible openings in January, please follow the instructions below for next steps.
Otherwise, we host our annual Hiring Clinic on the third weekend in October, Oct 19-20, 2013. Contact us again next summer if you’d like to find out what it’s like to be a professional instructor at Stowe Mountain Resort. Thanks!
Ski & Snowboard Instructors Requirements:
- Ski or ride comfortably and in control on groomed black terrain.
- Passionate about teaching skiing and riding. Non-certified coaches spend their time teaching children, 3-14 years old.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Own equipment in good working order
- Adhere to or surpass our company grooming and appearance standards.
- Have a solid black ski pant (we provide uniform jackets).
- Have reliable transportation to the mountain.
- Commit to an approved calendar including peak holiday periods, weekends, and possibly UK school business in early April.
Copy the list of ten questions below and paste them into an email. Send questions and answers to our Operations Manager, Donna Barton. Attached resumes or other supporting documents are welcome.
Email Donna Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you 18 years of age or older? (Required.)
- Do you ski or snowboard? At what level? (Intermediate skill level required.)
- Do you own equipment in good repair? (Required and must pass a safety check.)
- For how many seasons and where have you taught? (Not required.)
- Are you certified with PSIA/AASI? (Not required.)
- Are you looking for a FT or PT position?
- Have you read and do you agree to abide by our company Appearance Standards?
- Do you have reliable transportation to the mountain?
- What is your postal mailing address?
- Tell us a short teaching story that may help us to get to know you better...