Stowe Mountain Resort Gourmet Market & Cafe-General Manager
Food & Beverage
Full Time - Year Round
We are seeking an energetic, creative and detail orientated person to manage Stowe Mountain Resort’s new gourmet market, deli and coffee café at Spruce Peak. A unique retail showcase of local and artisanal food provisions opening for the 2014/2015 ski season.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for overall guest experience, business success and complete operational, administrative and financial accountability of this high-end establishment. This candidate will have excellent communication and coordination with our Food and Beverage support team, Stowe Mountain Lodge, and Stowe Mountain Club in order to deliver a well understood, quality driven and personalized operation. Must be able to lead a management team of an Assistant Manager and Culinary Supervisor in all aspects of a sanitary, creative, professional, organized, inspired and fiscally responsible business.
- College degree in the hospitality field or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in the hospitality and/or gourmet retail food industry with qualifying experience in food and beverage operations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to follow- up.
- Positive customer service attitude with excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Mastery in sophisticated food retail operations, merchandising and marketing.
- Hands-on experience preferred in all areas of food and beverage operations to include food preparation, food safety and hygiene, POS systems, inventory and cost of goods analysis, wage management and staff training and management.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Must be DLC (Vermont Department of Liquor Control) certified prior to the beginning of the first assigned shift.
Our company values are built around attitude, awareness and accountability. We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us in providing our guests with a superior recreational experience and an attitude of constant improvement and excellence. Great recreational benefits, including complimentary golf/ski privileges and resort discounts!
Stowe Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please attach your resume and cover letter to the online application, if you have one. Thank you.