Grooming & Appearance
Stowe is a world-class resort, a classic Vermont town with centuries of experience as a renowned host. Our quintessential New England village is steeped in tradition. We attract guests and visitors who are affluent, adventurous, and sophisticated. Our guests expect a world-class, authentic, unique, natural, and emotionally bonding experience. As staff members of Stowe Mountain Resort, it is expected that we uphold these standards in our appearance and manner.
Grooming and appearance standards do not have anything to do with how you would like to look outside of your work. They have everything to do with the impression you make on our guests while at work.
All employees are required to meet the company minimum standards identified below.
- Your personal appearance is a reflection of your readiness and willingness to work. It can be a factor in the quality of your work. Allot sufficient time each day to support these guidelines.
- Employees must maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene.
- Men: Hair must be neat, clean and of natural color (e.g.,no orange/purple or other colored dyes). Hair longer than the top of a normal shirt collar must be pulled back.
- Women: Hair must be neat, clean and of normal, natural color^. Long hair may need to be pulled back or confined dependent upon the departmental requirement.
- Facial hair must be neatly trimmed.
- Sideburns must be trimmed and not below the earlobe.
- Beards, mustaches and goatees must be established prior to hiring or during vacations or leave of absences when there is adequate time to establish facial hair. Beards and goatees must not be longer than one (1) inch in length.
- Tattoos must be covered if deemed inappropriate for the guest view.
- Some positions require that no jewelry be worn.
- Jewelry must not be excessive.
- Facial Piercings (ear,nose,lip) are not allowed. However one small appropriate nose stud is allowed.