Below is sample of our weekly schedule of FUN for Mountaineers – our camp for 7-14 year olds
- OPTION #1: Tree Top Adventure: Campers will head to Stowe Mountain Resort’s Tree Top Adventure Course where they will ride zip-lines, walk over suspended bridges, scramble up nets, cross swinging logs, climb rope ladders and much more! All of this will take place under the canopy of the Mt. Mansfield Forest.
- Tennis: In the afternoon campers will also take to the Tennis courts where they will practice and develop their skills with drills and games.
- OPTION #2: Stewardship Mondays: Campers will embrace Vail Resort’s “Do Good” core value by spending the day giving back to the local communities and learning new skills in trail design, erosion control, bridge building, and invasive species management by volunteering with the Stowe Mountain Bike Club, Stowe Land Trust, and the Green Mountain Club. These organizations are 501c3 non-profits. The hours spent on these projects can be applied to community service requirements for schools. Come join us as we “Do Good” and preserve our natural environments for future users. Limited to 12 participants
- Stowe Rocks: Campers will climb in our world class “Stowe Rocks” climbing gym to experience the thrill of going vertical with ropes and harnesses!
- Challenge Initiatives: In the afternoon campers will participate in a challenge course curriculum of outdoor personal development and team building activities. The course consists of real and imaginary obstacles designed to challenge our campers to focus, try new activities outside their comfort zone, and work together with the group to accomplish the assigned goals.
- Hike: Campers will embark on an adventurous hike each week to the top of Mt. Mansfield, Spruce Peak or other local peaks. Counselors have spent time exploring these areas and have a wealth of experience and knowledge they can’t wait to share.
- Swim and Sundae: Each Camper will be rewarded for the efforts at the end of the day with a swim and a chance to design their own Ice Cream Sundae!
- Tree Top Adventure: Campers will head to Stowe Mountain Resort’s Tree Top Adventure Course where they will ride zip-lines, walk over suspended bridges, scramble up nets, cross swinging logs, climb rope ladders and much more! All of this will take place under the canopy of the Mt. Mansfield Forest.
- Swim: On Thursday afternoons Campers will head to our local rivers and streams for a swim!
- Disc Golf: Campers will spend the morning working on skills and drills to play Disc Golf. The session will wrap up with an opportunity to play a round of Disc golf with their peers.
- Extreme Streaming: In the afternoon Campers will explore some of our local waterways for some “Extreme Streaming”. A bathing suit/swim shorts and closed toe water shoes will be required.
Camp is open, rain or shine.
Activities and schedule are subject to change based upon the weather.