ZipTour Adventure opens for the season June 24, 2017.
The ZipTour Adventure has all the high-speed thrills you crave. Soar from near the summit of Vermont’s highest peak on a series of action-packed ziplines. And with two side-by-side lines on each zip span, you can experience it all with a friend by your side.
- For riders ages 10 and up.
- Ziplines range from 150’ long and 10’ off the ground (Demo Trainer) to the Nosedive Zip at 4,462’ long and 130’ up!
- All-day access to the Gondola SkyRide is part of the ZipTour Adventure!
|2017 ZipTour Adventure Rates|
|ZipTour||$131 Per Person|
|ZipTour & TreeTop Adventures Combo Package||$179 Per Person|
All riders must be 10 years old or older. ZipTour Adventure includes unlimited Gondola SkyRide for participant on the day of the ZipTour Adventure.
Ages 10-15 (inclusive): must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Ages 16-17 (inclusive): must bring a participant agreement that has been signed by their parent/guardian.
All rates/dates subject to change without notice. Rates include 6% Vt. Sales Tax. Age, weight, and/or height restrictions may apply for some activities—please review the FAQs. Weather permitting.
You may read, print, and sign the required waiver form prior to your arrival.
Please bring this with you on the day of your Adventure. Parents/guardians who are not present with their children must provide this signed waiver form in order for their children to participate.
- Open Daily, June 24 through October 15, 2017, weather permitting.
- Booking on the hour and half hour, 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Booking on the hour and half hour, 9:30am – 11:30am for combo tours.
Where are you located?The Stowe Mountain Resort ZipTour Adventure (ZipTour) is located in central Vermont at Stowe Mountain Resort on Vermont’s highest peak, Mt. Mansfield.
What are ZipTour ziplines?
The ZipTour includes a series of 4 ziplines. The first zipline is the DemoTrainer which is designed for practice and training. It is located next to the Over Easy Gondola on Mt. Mansfield. The other zipline rides begin after a ride to the top of the Gondola SkyRide. From the top of Vermont, you will descend back to the base on a series of 3 rides. There are two side-by-side lines on each zip span, so you can travel alongside another member of your party.
How long are the ziplines?
The ZipTour consists of 4 zips:
Zip Name: DemoTrainer Zip
Length of Zipline: 150 feet
Vertical Drop: 15 feet
Height off Ground: 10 feet
Potential Speed: 20 mph
Zip Name: Nosedive Zip
Length of Zipline: 4,462 feet
Vertical Drop: 803 feet
Height off Ground: 130 feet
Potential Speed: 60 mph
Zip Name: Haselton Zip
Length of Zipline: 2,247 feet
Vertical Drop: 472 feet
Height off Ground: 100 feet
Potential Speed: 50 mph
Zip Name: Perry Merrill Zip
Length of Zipline: 3,484 feet
Vertical Drop: 766 feet
Height off Ground: 80 feet
Potential Speed: 60 mph
Do I need to make a reservation?
We highly recommend that you reserve your ZipTour in advance as there is limited availability for each tour and tours can sell out. You can reserve by phone at 802-253-3420. Our reservation line voice mail is always available, and calls will be returned promptly during operational hours. However, leaving a message does not ensure a reservation. Payment in full is required at reservation time. Please be prepared to provide name, date of birth, address, email, and phone for all participants when calling to make a reservation.
What time do I need to arrive?
It is imperative that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled ZipTour. Arriving on time allows for a relaxed start to your Adventure. If you arrive late and miss your session, or cancel on the day of your reservation, there are no refunds. We will attempt to put you into a later time slot if available but there is no guarantee. Factor in extra time for driving to Stowe Mountain Resort, parking, getting to the Adventure Center, completing the necessary paperwork, visiting our retail store, making use of our facilities, and taking the Over Easy gondola across the road to the Mansfield side of the resort.
What should I wear?
The ZipTour is an outdoor adventure with points above the tree line. You may experience cooler temperatures and stronger winds at the higher elevations. This is a summer and fall activity in Vermont and you should prepare for varying temperatures, both warm and cool. You may be in the direct sun and on remote mountain locations and, at times, in the presence of insects.
- No flip-flops, open-toed or slip-on shoes are allowed. Shoes should be comfortable and flat soled, such as sneakers or hiking boots.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows free movement. Shorts should reach mid-thigh or longer to allow for a comfortable fit of the safety harness.
- You may want to dress in layers if you are zipping early or later in the day.
- Be sure to hydrate before your Adventure.
- Take precautions for being in the sun, such as applying sunscreen.
- Please do not bring your own backpack with you on the tour. You will be carrying your trolley in a backpack that we supply to you.
May I bring my camera, video recorder, or other photo device?
Yes, you may bring your photo devices. However, you may not use your hands to operate any photographic equipment any time you are suspended on a zipline. The device must be stowed or secured safely so as not to interfere with the use of the ZipTour trolley or harness, and to eliminate the risk of dropping equipment on guests and/ or employees below. The ZipTour operates over extremely rugged terrain, and you are responsible to retrieve any dropped items.
Are there any age, height, or weight restrictions?
Participants must be at least 10 years of age, weigh between 50 and 260 lbs., and must be between 4’ and 6’10” tall. Guests between the ages of 10 and 15 (inclusive) must have a participating parent/guardian on the tour.
Can my child under 18 years old go through the ZipTour alone?
Yes and No:
- Ages 10-15 (inclusive): must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. ZipTour riders must be willing and able to operate the equipment on their own as each ZipTour rider will ride each line independently. An accompanying parent/guardian can, and in some cases will be required to, ride on the line next to the minor but will be on a separate line.
- Ages 16-17 (inclusive): must bring a participant agreement that has been signed by their parent or guardian. This form may be printed from our website by clicking here.
Is there any paperwork to fill out?
All participants must complete a participant agreement prior to beginning the Adventure. A signature from a parent/guardian is required for all participants under the age of 18. If a minor is coming to Stowe Mountain Resort without a parent/guardian, the agreement must be signed in advance by a parent/guardian. This form may be printed from our website by clicking here.
Are there any storage or changing facilities?
We have storage available in the Adventure Center for any extra gear you need to store while you are on the tour. Restrooms are available in the Adventure Center for your convenience and privacy. We cannot be responsible for personal items left unattended.
Is there an Attendant with you on the tour?
You will receive a safety briefing and training from our Attendants as you begin your Adventure. There will be Attendants through the entire tour, and you will always have the opportunity to ask questions and/ or seek advice on completing this adventure.
Please note: The Attendants reserve the right to remove guests from any of the courses if safety equipment and/ or procedures are not followed.
How long does the tour take?
The tour is approximately 2 hours from the time you arrive at the Resort: ticketing, equipment pickup, orientation, Gondola ride to the top, and ZipTour to the bottom. Only one person is allowed on each zipline at a time, and individual ride times vary.
How high off the ground will we be?
While on the tour you will experience the following heights and elements of the tour:
- Ziplines higher than 100 feet over the ground.
- You will be climbing staircases and standing on platforms as high as 25 feet above the ground.
- You will be zipping above the trees as well as within the trees.
Are there risks involved?
The ZipTour is a sports venue located in a mountain environment, in part at great height, and there is inherent risk of injury when participating in ZipTour activities. However, safety is paramount at Stowe Mountain Resort. The ZipTour equipment is state-of-the-art and our Attendants will provide training on the use of the equipment to keep the ride as safe as possible and FUN! We will guide you through the safety protocols, teach you how to use the equipment, and prepare you for your adventure. The ZipTour contains elements and activities that can be considered physically testing and/or strenuous, including but not limited to:
- Wearing a harness and carrying a 10 lb. trolley on your back
- Walking up to 500 yards across turf, dirt, mud, and rocks
- Loading, riding, and off-loading an aerial gondola
- Climbing staircases and walking on elevated walkways
- Experiencing a fear of heights and anxiety
- Increased heart rate and stress
Can I watch if I am not participating?
As a nonparticipant, you will have a chance to watch your friends complete the DemoTrainer Zip located next to the Over Easy Gondola. If you purchase a Gondola ride, you will also be able to watch as they make their first launch off the Nosedive Zip.
What happens in inclement weather?
We do operate in all kinds of weather, including rainy and foggy conditions. Do not assume we have cancelled the tour if you have bad weather where you are, we may have sunny skies! The ZipTour will not operate in impending weather conditions that indicate lightning may be in close proximity or if sustained winds are in excess of 30 mph. Our staff will contact you if we have advanced notice of impending weather and need to reschedule.
Sometimes, unfortunately, we may need to close the ZipTour Adventure for reasons beyond our control, and if you have already started the tour we will do our best to find alternative dates or times for you and your party to visit us again. You will be issued a Guest Service Credit valid for one year.
What is your cancellation policy?We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. You may change or cancel your reservation 24 hours prior to your scheduled time with no penalty, and you will receive a refund or voucher for the amount you paid. If you cancel within 24 hours of your tour time there are no refunds or vouchers. Late arrivals will not be refunded or issued vouchers and will not be able to join the group. Those not meeting the weight requirements will not be refunded or receive a voucher.
We will not cancel due to rain or snow. Mountain weather is subject to change quickly and can be volatile. We will make every effort to complete your tour as planned. However, we will temporarily suspend the tour at our discretion, sometimes with very little notice, due to lightning, thunder, or high winds. If we cancel the tour, guests will be offered a rain check or a refund. If we delay the tour, the cancellation policy will apply; please plan your day accordingly. Tours are not “pushed up” more than 1/2 hour when there is a weather-related delay. If there is a weather-related issue during your tour time, your tour is the tour that will be canceled. It is your responsibility to provide us with the best mobile number or email to reach you the day of your tour.
Weather is not a viable reason for cancelling on the day of your reservation – we strongly recommend you check the weather a couple of days prior to your reservation. Our direct line is 802-253-3420. We do not accept cancellations via email.
Can I do the course if I’m pregnant or have a preexisting medical condition?
The ZipTour staff is not medically qualified to assess the capacity of participants with preexisting medical conditions or questions to ride the ZipTour. It remains your responsibility to undertake such an assessment prior to taking the tour. We advise you to visit the resort prior to making your reservation. You may also wish to contact your doctor for further advice.
Can I bring my dog?
Dogs are permitted outside at Stowe Mountain Resort provided that they are on a leash and under the control of a handler at all times. Dogs are not permitted in any of the buildings with the exception of Stowe Mountain Lodge (as a registered guest). Service dogs are welcome throughout the resort. If you bring your dog to the SMR ZipTour, someone must remain with your dog while others participate in the activity. Do not leave your dog unattended in your vehicle.
What if I have special needs?
Note that, at this time, we have no special-needs tandem arrangement. Our Essential Eligibility Criteria for this activity are under development. Please call 802-253-3420 for more information.
Other CONSIDERATIONS and/or RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Prior to confirming your reservation, you must disclose any allergies or medications that could affect your participation in the program.
- ZipTour employees are not allowed to dispense medication, and arrangements must be made for an authorized caretaker to provide this service, if applicable.
- If you have experienced recent shock (e.g., insulin, asthma attack, bee sting) you should refrain from adventure-based activities that may require physical, emotional, or mental stress.
The Attendant has the authority to cease the participant’s activity if:
- You exhibit any behavior that makes your participation unsafe to yourself, the Attendant, and/or others at the resort.
- You make it apparent that you no longer want to continue the activity.
- The prevailing conditions or circumstances warrant.