Stowe Mountain Resort is an internationally renowned four-season destination. Surrounded by majestic Mt. Mansfield – the highest peak in Vermont – and Spruce Peak, Stowe is filled with activities and adventures for every season and every guest: skiing, snowboarding, ZipTour and TreeTop Adventures, Stowe Rocks indoor rock climbing center, Gondola SkyRide, the historic Auto Toll Road, Summer Adventure Camp, shopping, dining and more. Stowe’s historic village combined with Vermont’s most spectacular landscape creates the quintessential New England getaway.
- Mount Mansfield Summit Elevation – 4,395′
- Highest Skiing Elevation – 3,625′
- Vertical Drop – 2,360′
- Average Annual Snowfall – 314″
- Total Number of Trails – 116
- Skiable Acres – 485
- Total Miles – 40
- Percentages – Beginner 16%, Intermediate 55%, Expert 29%
- Snowmaking Coverage – 83%
- Total Lifts – 12 / More mile long lifts than any other resort in the East
- 1 Inter-Mountain Transfer Gondola, 1 high-speed summit Gondola, 4 Quads, 2 Triples, 2 doubles, 2 surface lifts
- Total hourly lift capacity -15,516 passengers
Your Responsibility Code
Skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed in many ways. At ski areas you may see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark, cross country and other specialized ski equipment, such as that used by disabled or other skiers. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
- Always stay in control.
- People ahead of you have the right of way.
- Stop in a safe place for you and others.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
- Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
- Know how to use the lifts safely.
Be safety conscious and KNOW THE CODE. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
This is a partial list. Officially endorsed by: NATIONAL SKI AREAS ASSOCIATION